Our mission is to partner with Aboriginal Christians to evangelize the lost, disciple believers, and develop people for Christian service.
- The Authority of Scripture: We believe that the Bible is the infallible and inspired Word of God, the authority for what we believe, and is the rule of our lives and conduct.
- The Centrality of the Lord Jesus Christ: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is the only way of salvation.
- The Importance of the First Nations Church: We believe that God's purpose for Northern Youth Programs is to strengthen the First Nations churches by bringing together resources from the First Nations and non-Aboriginal communities. We believe that God will do His work in communities primarily through the church, and that it is important for First Nations people and our staff to be active members in a home church.
- The Value of Indigenous Principles: We believe that our ministry focus is to assist the First Nations churches to be self-supporting, self-governing, self-educating, and self-propagating.
- The Value of Family: We believe that stable families are the foundation of any strong church, community, or society. We believe that effective fathers will lead strong families and create a secure environment for youth to find their place in the community and society.
- The Value of Being Care-Givers: We believe that each member of our staff team needs to have a primary interest in investing their life in caring for others.
NYP'S FOCUS FOR 2007 - 2017
- Fathers and families
- Affirm aboriginal Christian leaders in their God-given hopes and dreams
- Indigenization--from the people, by the people, for the people
- Training in biblical caregiving
- Heart of love for God and for the people
I remember in eighth grade Summer Bible School in a tent in North Lebanon, Pennsylvania, the teacher asked, "if you see ten men carrying a log and nine are at one end and one at the other end, whom would you help?" I said, "the one." His response was, "then be a missionary."